The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Patrick Kuma- Aboagye said all persons who contracted coronavirus in the Upper East Region have fully recovered.
The Region as of Monday, May 25 had recorded 26 cases of the viral disease.
Speaking at the Ministry of Information’s press briefing Today, May 26, the Director-General said the region has seen “some level of clean sheet” as almost all the patients have recovered.
“Their treatment centre is temporarily closed until they have a new case,” Dr Patrick Kuma-Aboagye said.
The Region recorded its first case on Friday, April 3.
That index case infected three other persons including some health professionals in the Region.
One patient has since died but with other underlying diseases.
So far, a total of 2,097 patients have recovered from the virus in Ghana.