Thomas Partey has now beaten his compatriot Michael Essien to become the most expensive Ghanaian footballer of all time.
The 27-year-old joined the Gunners from Atletico Madrid on transfer deadline day after the English club activated his £45 million release clause.
The amount involved in the transfer sees Partey overtake Michael Essien as the most expensive Ghanaian footballer of all-time.
In 2005, Essien joined Chelsea from Ligue 1 side Lyon in a deal worth £24.4 million, becoming the chelsea’s record signing at the time.
No Ghanaian footballer has since commanded such a transfer in the last decade and half, until Arsenal paid £45 million to sign Partey from Atletico Madrid on Monday.
Partey will wear the number 18 shirt at Arsenal, and will reportedly be on a £250,000 per week wage.
Here are the top five most expensive Ghanaian transfers of all-time:
1. Thomas Partey £50m (Atletico Madrid => Arsenal)
2. Michael Essien £24.4m (Lyon => Chelsea)
3. Baba Rahman £21.7m (Augsburg => Chelsea)
4. Andre Ayew £20.5m (Swansea => West Ham)
5. Asamoah Gyan £13m (Rennes => Sunderland)