Ohene Kwame Frimpong is the latest young investor in Ghana’s growing media and broadcasting industry.
As the owner of the fast emerging media conglomerate, Salt Media GH — Ohene Kwame Frimpong has made quite an impact in his country especially in Asante Akyem Agogo where he was born.
Very little is known about Ohene Kwame Frimpong apart from his companies — Salt 95.9 FM, Salt TV, Saltfmonline.com, MayDay Entertainment and others.. so we decided to bring forth some facts about him to get you informed.
1. He once presented cash gifts to over 900 widows at Asante Akyem Agogo during the launch of his new radio station. Each woman, also, reportedly received a bag of rice, chicken and a piece of Holland made cloth. Indigenes told reporters, this was one of his many charity works.
2. Ohene Kwame Frimpong attended Cosmos Preparatory School at Lapaz New Market near Tabora, Accra .
3. He studied travel and tourism at CONEL college in North London.
4. He has never had a birthday party, he rather go out and do charity or make donations to hospitals on his birthday which falls on April 6.
5. Ohene Kwame Frimpong was born at Agogo Asante Akyem but spent most of life live living with his Uncle’s and Aunties in Accra
6. His father, Mr. Smart Kwadwo Frimpong ( now late ) was a famous guitarist who used to play with the legendary highlife musician, Abrantie Amakye Dede.
7. His unique quest to invest in Ghana and impact lives positively was inspired by the CEO of Despite Group of Companies, Dr Osei Kwame Despite. Ohene Kwame Frimpong once praise the business acumen of Dr Osei Kwame and how he’s able to grow his media brands to sell other products in the chain.
So there you have it. 7 solid facts about Ohene Kwame Frimpong.